Monday, January 12, 2009

how dare you ask me that?

So, my cousin 1 Little Fish had an interview posted on her blog that another blogger sent her, you know like an interview chain. so now it's my turn, here are the rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address, please.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And here are her questions (and my answers)

1. What three songs have influenced your life in some way and why?
Put It In My Mouth by akinyele (i didn't even have to look that up. I knew who sings that song and how to spell it. whoa) this song influenced me in that it led me to believe that during a blowjob you do in fact, blow. Luckily, i never tried to give a "blow"job in real life because i've never seen a penis and am very prude.

Gonna Make You Love Me by Ryan Adams I've told many of you this story before because i love it and it sums up my dad. He never ever got the lyrics to songs right but would belt out the wrong lyrics with such commitment. This song begins, "Riot in the streets. Touched beneath the sheets." But my dad would sing, "Quiet in the streets. Tucked between the sheets." Completely changing the meaning and tone of the song. that's funny.

Adrian by Mason Jennings The first time I heard this song was during a live show that i went to by myself because i'm really cool and had a lot of friends in college. I don't know if i was menstruating or what but i stood in this venue in detriot all by myself and bawled. it's a really great song and will make you cry if you have a heart.


2. If you could spend one night alone with anyone in the world doing whatever you wanted, who would it be and what would you do?
I would probably want to spend it with like a really famous energy healer and i would ask that he/she spend all night curing me of my incessant burping. That's a 100% true non-sarcastic answer.

3. If you had to describe the most memorable night of your life what would you say?
you may not know this but i have pretty much the worst memory on planet earth. Just this past weekend someone was telling me things i said/did last weekend and i didn't remember any of it. And the worst part is i can't remember any of it now. But i know i said, "oh that's funny, I wish i remembered saying it" and now, gone again.
So, maybe not THE most memorable night of my life, but one that i can at least recall:
Sleepaway Camp, 1997. We had this game that at 1:23 in the morning each night someone had to do a dare. So if your math is up to date i was 13 this summer. I was dared to go to the boys bunk and steal some underwear or something. I made it into the bunk undetected. I wore black sweatpants and black hoodie. I was just going through the cubbies looking for whatever booty i was sent for when the front door of the bunk opened and a flashlight was shone inside. my back was turned. The voice of the group leader, who could have me sent home from camp if i got caught, sounded and he said, "Josh, get back in bed you putz." I had very short hair and a boyish figure at the time. So i stepped sideways without turning around and got in the nearest bed. Of course the bed was already occupied but by the time the boy woke up the group leader had left. It was all very quick. Anyway i happened to get into bed with this boy david. He goes, "oh mara, I have a pineapple. want to share it." I did, so we did. It was a pretty memorable night.

4. If you could be a character in any book, which character would you be and why?
I would be raina in Blankets because aside from the evangelical christianity i kind of already am, on a good day.
This is her:



5. What are you most proud of?
being myself. even if i am a pig in so many ways.
I'm also proud of my ability to estimate how long things will take, as you know.
And i'm proud of my new mini comic which if i know you in real life you can totes have a copy of.

4 comments:

Pat D Sez said...

Alright, so I don't want to do this, but I know you're gonna make me so...let's do it!

Little Fish said...

I must say that your ability to estimate how long things take is pretty damn amazing.

I'm excited to see your mini-comic. I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Lazy Lorsie said...

Um, fun. i want to do it

Mandy said...

Good questions and fun answers. Being yourself is always a great accomplishment.